Salad that will keep you healthy, full and out of hibernation all winter long. butternut aquash, brussels sprouts are very nutritious.
Butternut squash has a low glycemic index, which meas thats its carbs are digested more slowly. Butternut squash is rich source of fibre, one serving contain around 2.8 gm of fibre.
Nutrient rich brussels sprouts are high in anti-oxidants, vitamin C,K and are good source of fibre.
Dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds are rich source of antioxidants, fibre, potassium and magnesium. these facrors make them ideal for diabetes.
- ▢1 1/2 pounds butternut squash peeled and ¾ inch diced
- ▢2 tablespoons + 1/4 cup olive oil divided
- ▢2 teaspoons Kosher salt divided
- ▢1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper divided
- ▢3 tablespoons dried cranberries or raisins
- ▢3-5 shallots/ or 1/2 red onion
- ▢6-8 cups arugula or mixed greens
- ▢1/2 cup walnut halves toasted
- ▢1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray a large sheet pan with oil.
In a large bowl combine the brussels sprouts, butternut, onions, thyme, olive oil, 1/2 teasppon mixed herbs, 3/4 teaspoon salt and pepper and arrange the vegetables onto the baking sheet in a single layer.
Bake 40 minutes, or until the vegetables are roasted and tender. Build the salad by placing the rocket/kale, roasted vegetables in a bowl and layer on dried cranberries, pomegranate and feta cheese.